Might & Magic 7 - Help!! Medusas in Red Dwarm Mines
tucsonjim
2005-10-02 23:59:34 UTC
Boy this is rough, these MEDUSA's in the Red Dwarf Mines are turning my
team to stone and I don't know how to tackle them?
I don't have the STONE TO FLESH spell yet because my skill level isn't
high enough, is there any other way to beat them?

I was actually more worried about the OOZE's, but surprisingly didn't
have that much trouble with them, we used the ICE BOLT spell, or
something like that, a few hits, back up, a few more hits and GOODBYE!

In MM6 we had the STONE TO FLESH spell and so could revive any member
that got hit by the medusa's.

Any ideas? Other than wait until you have the STF spell?
Thanks
Tucsonjim
tucsonjim
2005-10-03 03:12:49 UTC
Oops!
That should be RED DWARF, not RED DWARM.
Tucsonjim
PS: I think I'm shellshocked from being turned to stone so many times?
Stephen
2005-10-03 06:27:40 UTC
Post by tucsonjim
Hi,
Boy this is rough, these MEDUSA's in the Red Dwarf Mines are turning my
team to stone and I don't know how to tackle them?
I don't have the STONE TO FLESH spell yet because my skill level isn't
high enough, is there any other way to beat them?
I was actually more worried about the OOZE's, but surprisingly didn't
have that much trouble with them, we used the ICE BOLT spell, or
something like that, a few hits, back up, a few more hits and GOODBYE!
In MM6 we had the STONE TO FLESH spell and so could revive any member
that got hit by the medusa's.
Any ideas? Other than wait until you have the STF spell?
Thanks
Tucsonjim
You may want to wait until you get master in body magic. The protection
from magic can protect you from the stone spell.

Stephen
tucsonjim
2005-10-03 16:02:04 UTC
Hi Stephen,
That's kinda' what I was thinking. Thanks for the help.

Also, MM7 seems to give out a lot of scrolls, but I'm wondering what
good they are because you can't cast them unless you have the skill
points necessary for that spell, and I mostly don't. Well, if I had the
skill points I'd get the book and be able to cast that spell anytime,
and who wants to carry all those scrolls around for a couple of weeks
or more anyhow.
Tucsonjim
Auggie
2005-10-03 18:31:00 UTC
Post by tucsonjim
Hi,
Boy this is rough, these MEDUSA's in the Red Dwarf Mines are turning my
team to stone and I don't know how to tackle them?
I don't have the STONE TO FLESH spell yet because my skill level isn't
high enough, is there any other way to beat them?
I was actually more worried about the OOZE's, but surprisingly didn't
have that much trouble with them, we used the ICE BOLT spell, or
something like that, a few hits, back up, a few more hits and GOODBYE!
In MM6 we had the STONE TO FLESH spell and so could revive any member
that got hit by the medusa's.
Any ideas? Other than wait until you have the STF spell?
IIRC, one of the medusas has a pendant that you get when beating on her that
will protect 1 member from turning to stone... there are also similar magic
items in the world.

Your party probably doles out more damage in melee combat than it does with
ranged weapons... instead of standing back and entering turned combat mode
and firing at them from a distance you could stick with real time combat and
run up to them and just whack away with swords quickly, trying to do them 1
at a time and moving around to avoid their stone to flesh attacks

If your party isn't doing alot of melee damage you might look into
daggers... IIRC you only need "expert" in dagger before you can wield two
weapons at once (whatever your primary weapon is in one hand and a dagger in
the other hand). The bonuses (special powers) and damage "stack" allowing
you to get multiple benefits from weapons and do alot more damage... even
your sorcerer should be able to wield two daggers at once.
tucsonjim
2005-10-04 01:02:04 UTC
Thanks for the help Augie.
Can you tell me more about what you mean by "moving around to avoid
their stone to flesh attacks"? Can you in some way see the attack
coming? I did try the frontal melee attack and very quickly 3 of my
team were in stone heaven (hell?). Two of us are expert swordsman with
11+ damage swords, but I guess that's not enough.

I'm going to try beefing up our close contact fighting weapons and see
if we can get in her face and do her in before she can turn us into
morter.
Tucsonjim
Auggie
2005-10-04 05:01:30 UTC
Post by tucsonjim
Thanks for the help Augie.
Can you tell me more about what you mean by "moving around to avoid
their stone to flesh attacks"? Can you in some way see the attack
coming? I did try the frontal melee attack and very quickly 3 of my
team were in stone heaven (hell?). Two of us are expert swordsman with
11+ damage swords, but I guess that's not enough.
I'm going to try beefing up our close contact fighting weapons and see
if we can get in her face and do her in before she can turn us into
morter.
IIRC the attacks from the medusas were ranged attacks that you can attempt
to avoid.

Although its been almost a year since I last played MM7, it sounds like you
are being turned to stone too quickly/easily. I remember that dungeon being
abit of a pain in the ass, but not so much so where everybody was getting
bumped off and turned to stone.

Not sure what you mean by "11+" damage swords. If you mean thats the damage
they are capable of you might should be shopping around for better weapons
(if you are in the desert already, it sounds like you've gotten around
enough where you should be able to find some stores that sell better
weapons)

Also, that region does have some good ore in it, which you can take and have
made into decent weapons.
tucsonjim
2005-10-04 19:41:41 UTC
Yes the 11+ is the sword rating as to damage. We have the best swords
available to us so far. I hit all of the weapon shops I could get to,
and actually got the current swords by having them made from ore.

It's funny the way the game is, when we storm some enemies we anilate
them immediatly while others seem almost ammune to close attack.

Mostly we rely on our bows at this time, and they are deadly, very few
enemies can withstand the firepower we have, 3 or 4 of us are EXPERTS,
and one of us is an ARCHER. All we have to do is keep the distance,
which we do by backing up or by running like hell to get the distance,
and we've become experts at it.

But the Madusas in the Red Dwarf Mines have a lot of hit points. We hit
'em 6 or 7 times and they still have plenty of hit points left, so
ultimately we're going to get popped with the STONE spell cause you
can't win long battles with the Medusas!

One time we tried getting right in the Medusa's face and wacking her
with everything we had, that's when 3 of our team got STONED and we
limped out of there yelpin' with our tails between our legs!
Tucsonjim
Gerry Quinn
2005-10-06 09:21:32 UTC
Post by tucsonjim
But the Madusas in the Red Dwarf Mines have a lot of hit points. We hit
'em 6 or 7 times and they still have plenty of hit points left, so
ultimately we're going to get popped with the STONE spell cause you
can't win long battles with the Medusas!
It's a long time ago, but I've a vague idea that the trick was to go
into continuous mode to lure one or two out, then into turn-based the
better to kill them. You need some curative potions or scrolls. It's
do-able.

As alwys in M&M, if they consistently hand you your ass on a platter,
try going somewhere else and come back to this location later.

- Gerry Quinn
Samanta tanzeem
2024-01-24 09:20:50 UTC
✅🔴▶️▶ Really Amazing ️You Can Try This ◀️◀️🔴✅

✅▶️▶️ CLICK HERE Full HD✅720p✅1080p✅4K✅

WATCH ✅💻📺📱👉https://co.fastmovies.org

ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ ✅📺📱💻👉https://co.fastmovies.org

🔴WATCH>>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org